TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - values only rise when either supply dwindles and demand
People Seeking Info

Subject values only rise when either supply dwindles and demand

Posted by LJZTT on May 24, 2018 at 4:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 222 times.

In Reply To Values are on the rise period. posted by Zjustignoreme on May 24, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Message stays flat, demand rises and supply stays flat, or demand rises and supply dwindles.

The rest you cite is incidental and honestly plays no part.

So when you are talking about a vehicle of which their are tens of thousands of, it is going to take a LONG time before the market prices rise across the board, however as Gordo pointed out, when you have a sort of dichotomy of the market supply between clean, well-maintained, and otherwise not-fucked-up specimens and fucked-up specimens you see something like what we see in classic muscle cars like Camaros/Mustangs.....you can pick up two identical model year/trim cars, one for $500, the other for $50k.

SO the only price rise we will see any time soon will be for non-fucked-up ones with truly LOW miles, there are simply too many of the rest and the demand is not there for them nor does it appear to be going up any time soon.

People forget that these pipe dreams of selling a Z32 for $30k and up require a buyer to have $30k IN CASH. No bank is going to finance a Z32, and the interest rates for taking out a $30k personal loan and then using it to buy a car are exhorbitant, turning a $30k car into a 45 or 50k car with the bank getting the markup.

So you tell me, how many people do you know with $30k IN CASH burning a hole in their pocket are going to buy a Z32TT that is anything other than a super unicorn rather than plonk it down on something a bit more exotic and rare?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.