TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well the stock suspension IS a "coilover"....
People Seeking Info

Subject Well the stock suspension IS a "coilover"....

Posted by LJZTT on May 04, 2018 at 11:34 AM
  This message has been viewed 367 times.

In Reply To Thx. but I want to stay w/ springs and shocks. At least posted by Gordo 96NA Daytona on May 04, 2018 at 11:21 AM

Message I'm in the same "wants" boat as you. I just want to reduce wheel arch gap and keep new-OEM level of comfort.

SPL's coilovers were great for recreational tracking, really great IMO, but they suck on less than stellar public roads, it takes almost nothing to jack the wheels off the ground.

I was very skeptical as this is all very subjective, but I was very impressed driving Harry's car around for a few miles on local roads.... through construction zones. BUT, they are pricey...north of $2k....but like I said, in order to replace my SPL's with Gordo suspension I will need practically all new OEM supporting pieces. So I am looking at somewhere around $1600-1900 anyway. If the KW's are high enough quality, which they seem to be, then they seem to fit my bill. Besides I would rather get higher quality springs that simply match OEM NA springs than source used springs with unknown miles on them.

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.