TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Move to Canada...
People Seeking Info

Subject Move to Canada...

Posted by vorpalZ on April 07, 2018 at 9:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 274 times.

In Reply To Lets talk collector car insurance posted by ZXRider on April 06, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Message I just did a presentation at our Zed club meeting about Hagerty...

Here in Canuckistan they have relaxed their requirements for collector insurance and are actively encouraging insuring pre-2000 vehicles with:

- no independent appraisal needed (required back in 2012 when I insured my roadster) rather, an agreed value insurance based on what you value the vehicle at

- modification friendly... they don't care about turbo/supercharger mods but only seemed concerned about Nitrous & roll cages. I detailed my mods on the red turbo and the 'vert with turbo swap and they didn't bat an eye

- yearly mileage restrictions and pleasure driving. I asked about restrictions and the agent said occasional driving to work was fine and we agreed on a mileage limit of 6000 KM (3728 mi) for each vehicle (3 Zeds). However, they never asked for odometer readings when I was submitting my info and we have no registration reqs here that ask for mileage. Basically they have no check on how many miles you drive.

- Coverage is 2 million liability, no glass, $ 1000.00 deductable for about $ 200.00/ year. My previous coverage (Wawanesa) which was a bit better for options was $ 950/year per Zed. Saving over 2K. Hagerty Plus Roadside assistance adds another $ 60.00 to the entire policy. Three Zeds and a roadster (sig check) for $ 875.00 all in annually through Hagerty Canada.

No other insurer even comes close up here in Canuckistan.

Now, back to shoveling the driveway...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.