TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Failed inspection for no defrost... (rant)
People Seeking Info

Subject Failed inspection for no defrost... (rant)

Posted by Zbruh92 on April 02, 2018 at 11:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 567 times.

Message Nissan told me it would cost $120 to “diagnose” the issue, i told them it had to be the mode door actuator since the vent position wouldn’t change. I was told they couldn’t be sure without diagnosis so i walked the mechanic to the car and ran diagnostic from the climate control pod. After confirming the issue they searched the part but it was discontinued and told me there was nothing they could do.. They basically slapped a rejection sticker on it n told me to go F*** myself.
So i went home pulled the dash and finessed the actuator out. I was able to get the casing apart without breaking it by wedging toothpicks under the tabs and SLOWLY separated it. Turns out the plastic gears weren’t rotating as freely as they should n the added resistance burnt up the electric motor. I found the motor online for $3 greased up the gears and it works perfectly. When i brought it back the dude asked me,”how long did it take you to fix it?” I looked him in the eyes, handed him the keys and walked out.

Mechanics these days are nothing more than parts changers they don’t even attempt to fix anything.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.