TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Budget Beater But the Clock Works - The prodigal son returns
People Seeking Info

Subject Budget Beater But the Clock Works - The prodigal son returns

Posted by Gordo 93TT Daytona on March 05, 2018 at 9:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 1236 times.

Message So all you guys who said I'll be back... well you were right. I'd been missing the 93TT so I began looking around for a beater to wrench on, and play around with. As luck would have it, this one came up on eBay and was right around the corner from my house. The pics looked horrible, but I thought, 'What the heck, no harm in looking.' It had no plates on it and a nice puddle of power steering fluid underneath it. You could tell it had been sitting in the parking garage for quite awhile. He wanted $5k and I offered him $2500. He took $2800. He drove it over to the house and walked two blocks home. LOL

When I got it home, I started knocking the dust and grime off. The interior was nearly perfect, and most of the paint has the potential to look very good. It had been in an fender bender, so it's got a new hood, DS fender and headlight bucket. The shut lines all look good and there is no sign of any structural problems. And it's Platinum Mist over Black... working on it in the garage was like deja vu.

Underneath looks like the La Brea Tar Pits; the shifter feels like a spoon in a bowl of mashed potatoes; PS Fluid splashed on the right front fender; and the dashboard looks like a Christmas tree.... but for better or worse I am again the proud owner of a Z car.

Here's some first day pics on the lift.... actually doesn't look too bad for less than three grand.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.