TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Getting a survivor 1990 TTZ truly road worthy...?
People Seeking Info

Subject Getting a survivor 1990 TTZ truly road worthy...?

Posted by GrecV2 on February 27, 2018 at 6:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

Message She’s a 1990 TT w/ 97k miles. (30k miles in last 16 yrs) Very clean, very original. Running very smooth and strong, and aside from a couple “leaking Injector” codes I got in 1st couple days that have stopped after running some injector cleaner, no real hiccups.

Super clean, super nice, no maintenance records. :-(

That said, the things I have focused on immediately are:

- Full 120k Maintenance
- Oil pump and related seals
- All engine bay fuel lines
- Fuel filter/dampener/regulator

Big things I would like to replace, but would like to hold off a bit as I’ve already spent $2k in OEM parts for this thing, are:

- Alternator
- Fuel pump
- Starter

Questions is… w/ this many miles (but factoring in the age) how commonly do these 3 fail?

And finally, I’m looking for any common things that can leave you stranded, start a Z-BQ or grenade the motor…

Injectors and sensors (looking at you, TPS) that might fail and cause rough running or throw error codes are one thing, but I’m talking about things that can go bad out of the blue at this stage and stop or kill the car.

In short, what else, if anything, do you guys recommend I do immediately to insure that this thing is fairly reliable and safe from big fails? (I’m gonna trust the bottom end of the engine, so I’m excluding a rebuild for awhile :-)

Any other common/costly fail points?

Former Stage V addict... off the wagon.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.