TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks, I'm running 3" ducting hose
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks, I'm running 3" ducting hose

Posted by vorpalZ on February 27, 2018 at 4:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 254 times.

In Reply To Thoughts on brake cooling: posted by induetime on February 27, 2018 at 03:51 PM

Message from the Powertrix foglight ducts on the front and routing under the crossmember and along the tension rods. The hose terminates facing the back of the rotor, that's where I need to add the ducting that I was looking at. Also have the kkroft aluminum inner vented fender liners for the last 4 years.

I've been running full race pads front and rear for a while, Hawk HT-10s, Ferodo DS3000s and Wilwood BP30s over the last 8-10 years. Front brakes are Wilwood SL6R's on 11.7" 2 piece vented rotors. Rears are stock caliper with Brakeman slotted rotors. Pad wear is about even front to rear, brakes are strong and predictable.

Tires are R comp: R888, Hankook RSS211 (C30 compound) and lately, Nitto NT01s

lines are all SS upgraded and I change out fluid about 3 times a year, usually alternate between Motul RBF600 and ATE type 200.

I've noticed a bit of fade after 3 or 4 sessions on hot days, once I had smoking off the fronts after the cooldown lap into the pits, I went out and did another cooldown session. Haven't invested in an IR heat gun yet, that's on this year's list.

Will just get a set of the ducts from Summit and install them for this season and see how it goes.

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.