TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - RPF1 17x9.5" vs 18x9.5" fitment, hicas and brake clearance?
People Seeking Info

Subject RPF1 17x9.5" vs 18x9.5" fitment, hicas and brake clearance?

Posted by nissubaru on February 27, 2018 at 10:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 786 times.

Message Kinda want to keep the wheels smaller so I can get some meatier tires under but everything I find on the RPF1s for 17" says they need spacers or they're really close to rubbing on the HICAS knuckle, like within 5mm or so.

RPF1 17x9.5" has an offset of +38 whereas the 18x9.5 comes in +45 and +38

I read that you can do a 5mm spacer on these and not have to get extended lugs, anything more like 10mm spacer will require lugs. But all this talk about spacers seems to be for the front. I'm currently on stock brakes, hoping to get 13" rotors or 12.75" rotors. Would like to be able to fit a bbk too but that's a pipe dream for now.

Will I need a spacer in the back or do I have just enough clearance that it's not a problem with the HICAS knuckle? Or should I just get 18" RPF1s and call it a day.

Tire specs I'm thinking, 275/40/17 in the back 255/40/17 in the front? Any reason why I shouldn't try for 275s in front? Feels a little weird staggering tires on a square wheel setup. Or should I not go square...so many decisions!!! I'm currently lowered on Tabanabe springs. If needed I have no problem doing a fender roll/pull. Not preferable but I'll do it.

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.