TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Actually that was my point
People Seeking Info

Subject Actually that was my point

Posted by Kyle(Houston) on January 26, 2018 at 8:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 407 times.

In Reply To PS..... posted by The Hawk on January 25, 2018 at 09:52 AM

Message The OP asked about some mods that were done to his car years ago and you came in and shit on his post and said they didn't do anything or give any HP.

My point is that the mods were part of a process of finding things that worked and it helped for the road to other better and newer products.

Just like Pentroof had manifolds long before MS or Ash. But they were found to crack. So Specialty Z came out with Inconel manifolds. Then they were found to crack. So MS came out with the cast manifolds.

It was a progression of people making mods and then improving on them as time went on.

Same with the ported throttle bodies and ported intake to match the TB's. SGP was certainly not the first company to make ported throttle bodies but we did it and found gains. Then people tried the Stanza throttle bodies which required modification to the plenum. Then Rob came out with his 62mm Billet throttle bodies.

Again it was a progression of people making mods and then improving on them as time went on.

So the OP had the things done back in the day when we were trying small things to make power that turned into the much better mods that are available today. It is all part of the modification and innovation needed to move forward.

Kyle "Grumpy Bear" Puckett
Import Parts Pro
Phone: 281-288-0700
AIM: KyleatIPP
Yahoo: KyleatIPP

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.