TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm in the same boat BLAZTR
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm in the same boat BLAZTR

Posted by Zbullet on December 02, 2017 at 11:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 540 times.

In Reply To Walbro 485 install items posted by Master_Blaster on December 02, 2017 at 03:32 PM

Message Research points to the corrugated Radium hose as mentioned by EngineerLV. Though it appears that the 6" is too short (with the pump at the bottom of the hanger) and the 12" would require some looping. B/C the tube is corrugated, cutting to size probably isn't possible. I think CZP offers this hose for around $20.

I'm thinking about cutting a piece of 3/8" 316 Stainless tube 0.035" wall and using that. Other alternatives I've thought about are:

1. straight 3/8" teflon tube from my local Swagelok supplier, and
2. taking some 3/8" braided E85 compatible hose (w/ teflon lining) and cutting away the braid leaving me with the teflon liner. I have some on hand... I think this stuff is required for PS lines.

For number 2, I'm not sure if the inner liner (teflon tube) wall thickness is adequate for the output pressure from the pump?

Radium has the only commercially available fuel pump electrical bulkhead that I have found from an automotive supply store. That said MIL Spec bulkheads are used for lots of applications and can be found online. You'd have to solder on your own wires though. I've been looking for one with a 90 deg elbow. I believe that the Radium unit requires some sort of adjustments due to the plug length. I presume it interferes with the carpeted cover??? Maybe some that has used this item can chime in. There is mention of this issue on the CZP site. I'm sure Nick could elaborate.

If the Wiring Specialties guys are reading this... A 90 degree electrical bulkhead would be a great new offering for those doing a dual pump setup.

Keep us posted with what you go with BLAZTR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.