TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 2018 Calendar... Submission need to be in by 11/26/17
People Seeking Info

Subject 2018 Calendar... Submission need to be in by 11/26/17

Posted by ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA) on November 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 547 times.

Message So as was pointed out to me I forgot to get going on the calendar. I have taken on a lot of new responsibilities at work and honestly quite overrun. I wasn't even sure I was going to do one this year. But I have had a bunch of members email me or get to me on the website so I am going to try to get this done. The big difference this year is I don't have time for a vote so if you want me to get this done I will need you to trust me to choose the pics. Below are the admission requirements. Please get them to me fast so I can get into this..

The requirements for submission:

1) The pics must be hi res. Usually 4MB or larger will suffice. Just take them with a hi res camera and you should be fine.

2) The pictures need to be scenic. Urban, country, seasonal, whatever. Have something in it which accentuates the car like a cityscape, old country bridge or sunset. Just put something in it that you think other people would like. I would love to get a few pics from some seasonal settings like winter or fall. Pictures taken in your driveway or other similar settings don't count. Unless your house is picturesque, but oil stained driveways with uncut grass doesn't fit that profile. So think about your background which is as important as the car.

3) You need to send in AT LEAST 8 PICTURES for me to choose from. But feel free to send more but try to keep it under twenty. In prior years I have had people sent me 50+ each. On the same note, I have had people send in 2 and wonder why they were not picked.

4) Be creative. The best pic will get the cover which I will choose.

5) Please don't crop the pics down, leave that for me. To many times I have a wonderful pic that someone has cropped down to the edges of the car and I can fit it to the page because their is no fill to go to the edges.

6) The pics sent in MUST have the same look to the car. (ie - one year I had someone send in pics of their car with three different sets of rims on it. I use most pics sent in and three different sets of rims would not have worked on the calendar.

7) Cars can be anywhere from stock to highly modified. All are eligible.

8) You will need to send in contact info to me in case I have questions for you or need additional pics. An email of phone number will work.

9) Pictures should be sent to my email at Chris.Touponce@comcast.net and put in the subject line "calendar" without the quotes. That way it will get routed to the proper folders. Keep in mind I have comcast and they have restrictions on the size of emails. IF YOUR SUMBISSION BOUNCES BACK PLEASE RESEND IT, BUT BREAK UP THE PICS INTO MAYBE 2 - 5 PICS PER EMAIL. Sorry for that but it is the best I can do. You are also welcome to host the pics somewhere and I will pull them down. Just let me know where. Two examples are Mediafire and Dropbox.

Other good info to have:

I am waiting on the printer to call back to confirm. He is good about working with me on price. The last few years I charged $27 each (which covered the printing and shipping plus about $2 each for myself)

NO money or orders are being requested at this time. As soon as I get them done I will start taking the orders to see where we stand.

The calendars are:
1) Printed on hi gloss heavy photo paper
2) Spiral Bound
3) When opened up they are 11x17
4) Punched and ready for the wall
5) Will have at least 5 pics of each car featured. (subject to change as I see fit)
6) Every attempt will be made to make the calendar as accurate as possible

As stated I will choose pics this year unlike normal years. Those who enter that don't get one of the 12 months will have a chance to get on the bonus page at the back. Keep in mind I get the final decision on what goes in the calendar or not. If the pics submitted are not up to spec, poor condition or the owner doesn't submit enough pics, etc.. then they will be removed and a new car substituted.

Here is a shortcut to a prior years calendar shots for example
[ [ [ http://http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2603578/2016-calendar-low-res-screen-shots.html ] ] ]

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.