TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: apples & oranges
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: apples & oranges

Posted by nissubaru on October 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 278 times.

In Reply To apples & oranges posted by vorpalZ on October 26, 2017 at 09:52 AM

Message Greddy Profec B-Spec II is my boost controller. So if I'm understanding what you're saying and what I've gathered online, boost on the z is not a function of the "tune" but rather something that was limited mechanically (restrictor pills, boost jets?). The car was set to make x amount of boost and the OEM fuel and timing maps were created based on the boost the car makes?

What kinda boost control solenoid came on the 300zx stock? My Subaru had a 2 port bleed type which I swapped out for a 3 port, interrupt? style bcs. The BMW has two boost control solenoids (only needs one, second is a failsafe installed from the factory).

So I guess with that said, my newer cars are able to control the boost within the ECU whereas with the older cars it's a function of the ebcs?

Should be fun trying to figure out what the ideal settings are on my controller. I thought about getting it "retuned" but the car is already tuned and running really well aside from me not having a clue what to do with the boost controller.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.