TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I use a Eastwood engine porting kit, a HF kit (bigger rolls)
People Seeking Info

Subject I use a Eastwood engine porting kit, a HF kit (bigger rolls)

Posted by Aaronw on October 06, 2017 at 9:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 421 times.

In Reply To Any chance of flow numbers? posted by -Grimm- on October 04, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Message And some carbide bits from Eastwood also. Sanding alone isn't going to make for ground breaking improvements, so don't waste hours at it. Over half your flow numbers can come from a quality valve job. I've messed with a few of the early style heads. Most of them have a sharp ridge on the short turn and towards the divider, the port floor tends to have a low spot about 1/2" above the seat. Other then that you are just cleaning casting up, once you learn your hand control the carbides will make simple work of all that. I do port match the head on the intake side, since the plenum is just one large tapered runner. I typically don't waste any time messing with the exhaust ports, just a quick clean up with some 120. I don't port match the exhaust in favor of velocity. Just my $.02 about it. Nice work btw.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.