TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Looks great, nice job!
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Looks great, nice job!

Posted by NNayak on September 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 535 times.

In Reply To Looks great, nice job! posted by Zu4ea on September 27, 2017 at 05:32 PM

Message Thanks for the compliments!

The suspension is KW V3, but with custom-made upper mounts which lower the car an additional 3/4" without sacrificing damper stroke, and which convert the springs to coaxial mounting rather than mounting directly to the top hats which loads the springs and dampers in bending. I designed, analyzed, machined, and finished the top mounts myself. I can post more info on these parts if anyone is interested. I'm using Z1 FUCAs, SPL front traction rods, SPL RUCAs, and Suspension Techniques anti-roll bars.

The wheels are 18x10+20 all around with 265 Federal 595RS-R tires. The tires are not my first choice in sizing or brand/compound as they came with the wheels, but they will do for now. The car currently has -1.5deg rear camber and -2.0deg front camber, with no rub, and with apparent room to upsize to 275 width tires, which I will do in the future. The fenders are rolled flat and pulled in the front and rear, and the rear bumper mount tab adjacent to the rear fender well has been eliminated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.