TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I bought a 90TT last year that was similar.
People Seeking Info

Subject I bought a 90TT last year that was similar.

Posted by MixManMash on September 21, 2017 at 3:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 458 times.

In Reply To about 70,000...but posted by TTkeeper on September 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM

Message Car had a little over 50k miles / 82k kms. 07/89 production, serial number 44 for Canada. Timing belt had been done 12 years prior, but the car was driven only 2k miles in that time.

What I ended up doing and finding:
1. Full 120k kit. Replaced all the seals despite them being fine. Replaced valve cover gaskets. Oil pan seals were leaking and were replaced.
2. Many of the hoses were dried up/heat shrunk. I replaced the PCVs and related hoses, did a throttle body water jacket bypass and replaced all the turbo related cooling hoses, replaced the clutch and brake booster hoses (dried/cracking), and any other vacuum hose that needed replacing.
3. A lot of mods were performed at the same time as all the above maintenance items (IC piping and ICs, 615cc injectors, 95 spec harness, MS Manifolds, planar intake piping, BDE motor mounts, 3" expansion downpipes and 3"-2.5" test pipes, clutch).
4. I proactively replaced the CHRAs. They looked like they were leaking and the engine was already out.
5. The cooling system had been neglected over those years. I repeatedly drained / refilled to flush the entire system out. I may still take the car in to have it flushed with a machine.

Like you said, the car is getting up there in years. Plan on doing some maintenance and then enjoy. I have driven my car about 2k miles since all the mods and tuning in June. Runs great and I am enjoying it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.