TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Who's using the ARP Chromoly vs ARP 2000?
People Seeking Info

Subject Who's using the ARP Chromoly vs ARP 2000?

Posted by Zbullet on September 10, 2017 at 10:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 898 times.

Message So I came across this Tech note on the ZShack site ( La-Z-Link ) and figured I'd have a look at my head bolts and sure enough they matched Scott's description of the inferior chromoly 8740 bolts (as compared to the ARP 2000's). These bolts came with my motor so I can't say for sure if the ARP2000's is exactly what was ordered, though I could easily find out as I have most of the original receipts.

I recall seeing a PSA about the ARP main bolts and was sure to check those before assembling my bottom end. I had better luck with those. I was under the impression that ARP had sent out a batch of inferior bolts at some point, but it seems that may not be the case.

Anyone have trouble using these 8740 (chromoly) head bolts on a build? I hope to have the Z in the 550/700 RWHP range (street/race gas tune). I wasn't expecting to have an additional $300 expense for ARP2000 head bolts that I thought I already had in hand.

I checked a few supplier websites and they all very clearly advertise the ARP2000 bolts. I don't see any listings for chromoly 8740 bolts.

Anyone order a set recently? Any truth to the ZSHACK post from April 2017?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.