TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A little more info for those who care.
People Seeking Info

Subject A little more info for those who care.

Posted by michaell32 (FL) on August 10, 2017 at 5:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 646 times.

In Reply To I have been Emailing with Patrick/Stanky to get more info posted by Kyle(Houston) on August 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM

Message Kyle did not rebuild my motor, i did. Ash rebuilt his and nick rebuilt one of his. The other one was rebuilt by a local and he does good work. All 4 engines were on oem pistons and rods. All 4 bent multiple rods. I warned ash and his bent only a week after he turned up the boost. His and mine were on stock turbos. Nicks was on a holset hx52. Mine blew at only 3500 rpms and there were only 5 small holes in the oil pan. Very little left the oil pan and this made it easier to find out what was the initial failure. Stanky's looks like some of the ied aftermath i saw in iraq in oif 3. Im guessing his blew at a higher rpm. When i first pulled of my oil pan one of the nuts for the rod stud was missing but i found it in the bottom of the oil pan along with a chunks of the main girdle and other debris. The nut wasnt broken in half but it was destroyed and the damage to the main girdle looked like it was that nut that hit it. Cyl 1,3,4,5, and 6 rod bearings looked fine. Cyl 2 had very little copper showing but i did drive for 5 miles with 0 oil pressure and half of a connecting rod attached with only one rod stud. I would expect the rod bearings to be much worse. IMO its not just about how much torque you make but also where you make it. I was sometimes getting 24 lbs at only 3500 rpms. My engine lasted 20k miles but since the tires often spun it probably would have lasted less with more grip.

KongZTT GT28RS MD "I was very impressed with his mother mounts"
Aliaz "I always shave down the boss when I do headwork"
240Z FeO2 "It's the way this forums weeds out morons, whiners and the pathetically light weight."
Red Hawk (CO) "idk what a short throw sister is, but she sounds nice :)"

According to AMS duplication = innovation

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.