TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - now we are getting down to it...thanks
People Seeking Info

Subject now we are getting down to it...thanks

Posted by Kyle(Houston) on August 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 715 times.

In Reply To Freeze plugs leaked immediately. Builder had to tear down posted by Gold Z on August 10, 2017 at 12:19 PM

Message "repair for another $700 that you paid him for"

Bare with me since this has been 9+ years ago. I do vaguely remember that we did have one issue with the freeze plugs in the galley that were nicked during the cutting of the water galleys for more flow.

BUT...as you wrote above. I totally took care of it. I didn't tell you to F off or blame someone else. I stepped up and covered the repair.

I then changed how I do things and we now pressure test every block to make sure there are no leaks and we go the extra step and put sealant on every coolant plug to make sure it didn't happen again.

That is what I do when I find out there is a problem. I adapt and make changes to make sure it never happens again. Just like I am doing with Patrick/Stanky. I am working with him directly to get to the root cause of the issue so that I am better informed for future builds. That is called growing and learning.

..... and then you stuffed me by only giving me back $800 on my core charge. You made up some crap that it wasn't in totally acceptable condition. Bet you don't remember that either.

Actually I know exactly. You had a severely spun bearing on the #6 Cylinder. Which is probably why you decided to get a rebuild in the first place. I even offered you to send me another crank to replace the bad one and you decided for the reduced rate. You also seem to have no problem talking trash about everyone.

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:37:07 -0800
Subject: RE: Longblock
To: clubchamp98@msn.com

Craig,

I got the motor torn down and the block and heads looked OK but the crank had some damage to the #6 cylinder. I had it checked out at the machine shop and they say it is too far out of spec to be saved.
I can either reduce the core refund by $375 or if you want to source another used crank(obviously as long as it is in usable shape) and send it to me we can go that route also.
Also I found it interesting that Tim had removed the rods and pistons and had removed both heads from the motor but put them back on for shipping. Most people that send back a core don't take the time to do that. Any reason for that?

Thanks,
Kyle Puckett
Import Parts Pro
19505 Wied Rd STE E
Spring, TX 77388-4482
281-288-0700
AIM: KyleatIPP
Yahoo: KyleatIPP

Craig Dzovigian wrote:

Kyle,

Yea, go ahead and just reduce the refund by $375. I know it's not your fault but listen to this, I think you'll get a kick out of this. I bought a clip from Z1 so Tim could get all the other parts for the swap that he needed. Z1 said that they checked the clip before shipping for compression and "if we would use it in a swap". That is where the block came from. What a bunch of asshats... And another competitor COZ wouldn't take my turbo's back (SP500 core charge) that came on the clip also???.... Anyway, just let me know what my refund ill be and will you be sending a check???? (I hope)

Thanks Bud!

Craig

The core reduction for unusable cores is pretty standard. Especially now that Nissan has discontinued the cranks.

Lazy Link

Kyle "Grumpy Bear" Puckett
Import Parts Pro
Phone: 281-288-0700
AIM: KyleatIPP
Yahoo: KyleatIPP

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.