|Some time ago I posted about interest in making a traction control system. Well, I said f*ck it and started down the path. Board, firmware, and setup software done ... mostly. :P
Here's my first board spin connected to the wheel speed sensors and ECU tach output. Wasn't happy with the initial wheel speed circuit so I wired in some nice dual channel VR chips (NCV1124 to be precise). Little bastards work like a champ and can handle some high voltage levels. Injectors aren't wired in yet. I'm looking a simpler way of connecting them that makes the system more idiot proof.
Some screen shots of the setup software. And yes, the race logic system was good inspiration and I did learn a lot of their parameters made sense. All done in visual studio.
Tab for entering vehicle parameters
Injector cut setup tab
First diagnostic tab showing tach and wheelspeed plotted in realtime. Captured my first system injector cut doing burnout in front of my house. Clutch switch is also not wired in at this time.
Second diagnostic tab showing left and right side wheel speed differences and front wheel speed difference. Bottom plot is calculated gearing. This is new and I added it for fun. The nearly flat regions in the plot are where I'm in gear and moving, while the squiggly parts are shift points and revving out of gear. I put a speed limit on the calculations and zeroed out any info when speed was below 5MPH.
Work and family have slowed me down a bit along with a pain in the ass ground strap issue, but still making progress. More updates to come.
Next will be testing clutch switch connection, connecting injectors, test injector cut conditions (wheel slip and rev limiter for power shift), and finally boxing it all up.
Toying with the option of a progressive threshold adjustment for turn conditions. A can actually measure turn radius based on wheel speed differences and knowledge of vehicle front track.