TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some answers:
People Seeking Info

Subject Some answers:

Posted by not4resaleZ on July 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 478 times.

In Reply To More questions if you can answer. posted by ELDIABLO on July 28, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Message You don't really have to get additional tuning. E85 is much more forgiving that gasoline. I installed an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and adjusted it to make sure it delivers the correct pressure under all load/rpm ranges. The stock fuel pressure regulator is probably fine, I'd verify this with Greg or Sebastian at SZ. Verify your base timing is set correctly. Basically do the 6P's that Ash wrote about years ago. Search for these if you don't know about them. If you want to turn up the boost with low ethanol content, then you should get tuned.

With a FF sensor and display, you read the display and if it says E55 you toggle to tune 5...if it says E21 you toggle to tune 2, etc. This is done while the engine is running right after you fill up your tank. If the ethanol content gets too low, I set my boost controller to intervene.

I strongly recommend a FF sensor and display, but if you have to guess the ethanol content, don't push boost all the way up, keep it conservative. Even if you were to go to a Haltech system that did everything for you, I would still want an ethanol content display (or boost setting display) to know what to expect under hard acceleration. It can be quite a difference.

I'd remove your APEXi fuel management electronics. Talk to SZ about why you are using it anyway; I don't think it will be useful.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.