TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Appreciate the quick response and info. I'm not sure I would
People Seeking Info

Subject Appreciate the quick response and info. I'm not sure I would

Posted by PiotrC70 on July 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 489 times.

In Reply To Present... posted by kickerzx on July 12, 2017 at 04:18 PM

Message ever tinker with extra I/O over what I currently have. I would mainly like to have a reliable system with knock safeties and flex-fuel capability... or rather the ability to not only run my standard 92 octane but if I had say 96 octane because I decided to mix some Q16 for example, that the ECU can adapt and learn to hit the target A/F without the need to constantly retune. This would also be insurance should I fill up with premium but some idiot put medium or low octane stuff in the tank.

Based on your vast experience and my current mods, is there certain I/O that is a must have? I have a pretty tucked bay along with simple interior (i.e. only boost gauge) and AVC-R so I've always wondered if the AVC-R is even necessary or if the standalone handles all that.
I could see maybe doing traction and launch control and maybe "flat" or full throttle shifting so I suppose I would have to find out from the dealer of these how many inputs each are and installation.

One more thing... with Link, is software provided as with Haltech & others where I can do my own tweaking for gear based boost and what not and not have to 100% rely on the tuner?

Thanks again!

1993 TT. R.I.P. 09.15.2010

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.