TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The journey to 1000HP continues...
People Seeking Info

Subject The journey to 1000HP continues...

Posted by dfenton2 on June 29, 2017 at 7:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 1338 times.

Message So as some of you know I set a goal a couple years ago of 1000hp, I haven’t given up on that goal yet there is always next year.
Last year I had an engine failure on the dyno while Greg and Seb were tuning, no fault of theirs, and I’m glad they were able to offer my some insight on how to carry on with the project.
I spent the summer and fall finishing the car with a newly built engine, stored the car over the winter, took it out in the spring and had engine troubles again. The machine shop was very good getting it fixed for me and i went to pick it up from them just a week before my tuning date.
That didn’t leave me much time to get everything installed and tidied up before the dyno. But I made it and here are my results.
The blue run is the run from last year with catastrophic engine failure
The red run is on q16
The green run is on Petro Ultra 94

Greg had yelled at me for a ground wire i had coming off the battery, apparently 14 gauge wire doesn't make a good battery ground. But nothing bad happened and that is all fixed now.
I have some work left to do on it tiding up some loose ends and do some minor wiring, tucking and cleaning but now i get to enjoy the car for the summer.

Unfortunately I was unable to stay for the drag strip event on Saturday due to that work thing, but it does give me a chance to get used to the car a little bit more before trying to launch it at a track, it did look like a lot of fun but i would be very embarrassed about my terrible times had i have gone.

Improvements already being thought about for next year. Hopefully the dollar starts to recover a little bit so us Canadians dont get screwed so much on parts from our American friends.
BDE adjustable vtc gears
GTX 2860 GEN 2
Additional fuel pump with 2000cc injectors for e85
PPG dog box.

I couldn't be happier with my pump gas tune, very drive-able at low speeds around town and when you want to play there is all sorts of power to be had up top.

Thanks Greg and Seb for putting up with me,and fixing the things that i had just run out of time to do. Rob (vorpal) and Mahesh (mixman) for all the help through out the last year, Jeff and Mahesh for being so patient while i took up the majority of the dyno time on day one.
Cant wait until next year, sounds like after this past weekends shenanigans there should be some big numbers coming out of next years dyno week, and hopefully Gurdeep will have his ready for next year aswell.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.