TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Which master cylinder and which short shifter?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Which master cylinder and which short shifter?

Posted by VinZmax on May 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 485 times.

In Reply To Re: Which master cylinder and which short shifter? posted by VinZmax on May 24, 2017 at 01:44 PM

Message Forgot to mention.........
No, I do not know if anyone else has done this on a Z before. But I've dealt with motorcycles a lot and it's common to change masters depending on what calipers you're using.

Same rules apply though. Smaller master lets the rod in the master travel further, but with more pressure build up. A larger bore master gives the feeling of not much movement before braking is felt, but you have to pull the lever harder for the same braking force. Almost gives what they call a 'wooden' feeling to the brakes. I personally hate that.

I like a smooth travel to the bike's brake lever (or car's brake pedal), and then have the brakes come on really strong. As opposed to having the pedal feel like it 'hits the brakes' with the slightest touch of the pedal, but has no real power there and makes you feel like you need 2 feet to get it to lock up.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.