TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some pics and info on my new Z project
People Seeking Info

Subject Some pics and info on my new Z project

Posted by Polish on May 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 752 times.

Message I thought I would finally post some pictures of my new Z. Some of you may remember my old one was totaled last June by a red light runner. It was only the passenger side that was hit, the rest of the car was spared including my GTV wheels. Come July of last year, the perfect car came up for sale on TT.net. Member NicelowZ was selling a rolling chassis, a Black Emerald 94 TT Automatic. No engine, trans, exhaust, intercoolers, IC plumbing, etc. Basically everything that I still had from my old car would complete this one, plus I loved that it was a 94TT, same as my old Z.

The only problem it was across the country from me in CA, located in VA. There were other hurdles to clear as well. The car had super low aftermarket coil-overs and after market wheels that I didn't want. Paul was reasonable and was willing to work with me. He agreed to install different wheels and suspension that I supplied, to transport the car over. So, I shipped over the stockers that my first Z came with. I also purchased some OEM TT Shocks for cheap from member ZXoltan. He shipped them directly to VA, so that was a big help.

I found an exceptional car shipper, with the key detail that he was completely cool shipping a car without any motor. He just required that it rolled and a flat-bed was available to load the car. What is great is that he is a one-man operation, you're only dealing with one guy and he is the one driving the truck. He is based out of the Bay Area where I am located, but you can hire him anywhere in the US as he drives through. La-Z-Link. FYI, the truck isn't enclosed or covered, something to take into consideration.

Fast forward to now, the car is here and I've spent the majority of this time since the accident pulling parts of my old car (which has long been crushed by now) and preparing the new motor. In fact I've just completed the engine and returning focus to the actual car. So far I have reinstalled the intercoolers, intercooler plumbing and Recirc valves. Also a few other bits in the engine bay such as power steering reservoir, clutch hard lines + brackets and shields. The car was already converted to a manual once, so I have to figure out what state it is in and where to go from there. Planning on making some tech posts about this shortly. Besides all the mechanical stuff, I'm also hell-bent on swapping over my old black interior. Even though the tan interior is in superb condition, I want my original Charcoal. I'll need to source several interior pieces from the passenger side to complete the interior though.

Still a massive list of stuff to do before it ever runs. Can't wait until I can drive it though. Thanks again to this community, without TT.net I could never have owned a Z or learned a thing about wrenching.

On to the pics. Here it is at home. Real nice paint, love the color.

As it arrived on the truck.

A quick shot of the interior. Currently storing a ton of charcoal interior parts:

The current state of the engine. This isn't my original engine. This is one that I purchased for an insanely cheap price. It is basically a like-new long-block. It came with brand-new looking OEM turbos. There are a few minor things left to do on it, but otherwise it is really close. Still a long ways off from being installed though. I'm re-using several parts from the old engine, the timing covers and everything above the (OG Painted) valve covers.

Here is a bonus picture of the car from the previous owner.

And where it is now. Long way to go!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.