TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Time Attack and Road Course Racing Settings
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Time Attack and Road Course Racing Settings

Posted by spdrmn15 on May 09, 2017 at 1:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 464 times.

In Reply To Time Attack and Road Course Racing Settings posted by Red Hawk (CO) on May 09, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Message I can't comment on actual suspension settings right now(I don't have all my notes at my house), but some tires make a lot of noise some tires don't make any noise when they're getting pushed hard, so don't use that as a comparison. I would also get some wider tires on the front, I haven't had understeer issues on my Z(275 40 17 nitto nt01 in the front), our cars are pretty heavy and a 245 street tire will get overloaded on a track pretty easy. I'd also recommend some more track oriented pads for track days, the hawk hp pads aren't bad on the street or an autocross, but not so much on a track. I'm running the arizona z car kit wirth wilwood pads(polimatrix e if my memory is correct). If you're having too much body roll some stiffer spring will help, but going too stiff will also cause issues. I tracked my first z with the factory alignment for 2 years with no actual complaints about the handling, I did quickly overheat the brake pads(hawk hp+) and upgraded to the wilwood setup I still have. Learning how to drive the car is much more valuable in going fast then the cars setup. Also to note the z32 starts to get very "twitchy" as you get to the very limits so keep that in mind.

"Face it, you just can't beat stupid."
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
"My favorite glue is Hopes and Dreams. "
"My Z runs on gas and money."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.