TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Time Attack and Road Course Racing Settings
People Seeking Info

Subject Time Attack and Road Course Racing Settings

Posted by Red Hawk (CO) on May 09, 2017 at 11:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 678 times.

Message Guys,
Any of you often track your Z's? I have down a few road course events, they have been a blast and I have learned a lot about driving lines and technique. These events have never been timed, but I tended to always hang with group without much issue.

Last weekend was the first time I tried doing Time Attack. It was a timed event with prizes. Based on the rules I was in the top GT class, and raced alongside GTRs, C7s, McLarens and even a Hellcat (go figure). Out of the 25+ cars in my class I managed to be in the top 10, but out of the 100s of cars there, there were many that posted much better times than I did. The track was tiny and very technical, and I hardly managed any traction at all, often understeering into the corner and over steering at just the hint of any throttle.

I watched some GO-PRO video of some of the top contenders and they barely squeaked along the course, while my tires were begging to be put out of their misery. I guess my question is what am I doing wrong? My profile is up to date. Are the tires that I am using that bad? I did see quite a few R888s out there. I believe I was undergoing too much body roll, any swaybar options recommended? What about Camber, Toe, and Caster? I'm about 2" lower on the car, but the suspension has been adjusted back to stock specs.

I am hoping that I might be able to learn how to prepare for the next event and understand why the car is doing what it is doing. I feel like the brakes and hp (Dynoed at 415whp) should be more than adequate to compete with the likes of the cars I was with. Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.