TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some info..........
People Seeking Info

Subject Some info..........

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on April 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 357 times.

In Reply To Re: Hks alc installed today posted by Bigmatthew86 on April 19, 2017 at 08:01 AM

Message I saw a new post today 4/21 from you that was deleted, this is to answer that, but also give general info on the ALC.

The HKS ALC is not really doing anything worthwhile IMO.
What it does is change the TPS input signal to the trans computer. What this does is makes it shift later and firmer at light and moderate throttle by tricking the trans computer into thinking your giving it more throttle.
So what you get is harder shifts at light throttle when you do not need them, and at full throttle it does absolutely nothing. What is needed when you increase power with an automatic is increased line pressure, with enough power it will require more and better friction material. The factory software already allows 100% duty cycle for max line pressure at full throttle, the only way to increase line pressure to hold more power is with mechanical upgrades to the pump and valve body.

The HKS unit uses a main jumper harness for the trans computer that the ALC plugs into. The main plug for the trans computer has the same problem as the engine ECU plug. Both plugs have a center bolt that bolts the connector into the computers, the issue with those connectors is over tightening the center bolt causes the ends to end of the plug to pull out and not make good connections.
Your issue could be the connection on the ends of the plugs, I recommend just tightening the bolt enough to seat the plug and push the ends in with your hands.

Hope you get lucky and it is just the connection.
If that is not the problem, check the wiring from the trans to the top of the inner passenger fender connectors, make sure the wiring is not melted on the exhaust or pinched in the linkage.
Revolution sensors are not problematic, but at this age of the cars it would not surprise me to see those type of parts fail.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.