TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Turning 100 and Ashspec Exhaust Manifolds
People Seeking Info

Subject Turning 100 and Ashspec Exhaust Manifolds

Posted by gt300zxtt(SoMD) on April 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 1069 times.

Message Today the odometer rolled to 99999miles as I parked at work.
La-Z-Link

Just got finished with a mod period. The biggest driver of the mod period was the install of Ashspec exhaust manifolds, the only real performance modification installed. My goal is to re-dyno the car for an apples to apples comparison for stock turbos with my previous mods. I also installed wiring specialties EFI and alternator-trans wiring harnesses, a new battery-starter cable, BDE low profile engine mounts, BDE trans mount, silicone compressor inlet hoses, and silicone compressor inlet hoses.

PSA: These exhaust manifolds interfere with the stock turbo clocking of the compressor inlets and outlets on both sides, without adapters or other fabrication. Installing stock turbos on these manifolds required clocking the compressor housing in my case. With this comes modifying the wastegate actuators. For the passenger side, I was able to die the end of the rod and add adjustable rod endlinks with an offset to maintain parallel actuation. On the drive side however, the angle was too extreme to maintain similar actuation rates to the passenger side. La-Z-Link So, along with the adjustable rod endlinks that I added, I had a shop cut and reweld the actuator closer to the compressor outlet (still fastened in the stock bolt holes). La-Z-Link I did balance the wastegate opening and verified similar actuation rates at higher pressures.

The other alternative that I readily see would be adapters to reclock the inlet pipes, these are readily available. The driver side outlet could use a block spacer. The passenger side outlet would require a completely new outlet, however, as it was tucked under the manifold and pointing up toward the manifold with stock clocking. La-Z-Link

The butt dyno has enjoyed the mod, and I look forward to the gains. Hopefully, the juice was worth the squeeze.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.