TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - rotors are stock 350Z brembo size, 12.75", my thoughts are=
People Seeking Info

Subject rotors are stock 350Z brembo size, 12.75", my thoughts are=

Posted by BOOZT_JUNKIE on April 09, 2017 at 9:51 AM
  This message has been viewed 335 times.

In Reply To Very cool. what size front rotors are those? posted by Red Hawk (CO) on April 08, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Message the Z1 kit uses Mustang Cobra rotors, the center bore is larger than ours, so they provide a metal hubcentric ring to place behind the rotor to center it on the hub. This ring sticks out just enough to prevent running a normal bolt on spacer. The correct way around it is to use properly fitting wheels. I purchased wheels that didn't fit right, my fault. So i had to sandwich a thin non hubcentric 5mm spacer with a bigger center bore to then attach the bolt on spacer. Again, this is a problem I caused for myself, and have never been comfortable with this setup. Thats the big reason I replaced everything.

Also, the OEM pads don't cover the whole rotor surface, I hear there are pads from a lexus that cover more area.

I'm learning to just go with stuff that fits. I recommend to you the 350Z rotors with the brackets if you keep your stock calipers. It will just fit better. Then you could grab a set of brembo calipers, and they will bolt right on.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.