TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Current updates with Brembos, rollbars, and more w/Pics!
People Seeking Info

Subject Current updates with Brembos, rollbars, and more w/Pics!

Posted by BOOZT_JUNKIE on April 07, 2017 at 1:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 1004 times.

Message Happy Friday everyone, here’s some Z projects I’ve been working on….

Stocking up parts for the Brake refresh. I know this has been covered before, but wanted to show my outcome. So far, I'm happy with how things have turned out installation wise.

Remanufactured 350Z Brembo calipers
 photo IMG_0247.jpg

VHT Brake Caliper paint/clear and high temp decal. I think they look nice!

photo IMG_0506.jpg

photo IMG_0512.jpg

photo IMG_1051.jpg

Xmas gifts! Rear rotors/pads, BMC brace and the SS lines are for my S30
 photo IMG_0653.jpg

Front setup, both by Powerstop
 photo IMG_0507.jpg

Rear brakes done. New rotors/pads/fluid/cleaned caliper (not using that spacer)
 photo IMG_2040.jpg

photo IMG_0899.jpg

Fronts Before: Z1 13” kit. (wasn’t ever really happy with these)
 photo IMG_1032.jpg

bye-bye bracket
 photo IMG_1022.jpg

Now time for the front. Very straight forward, followed this guide, but modified it to make it easier for me.
??http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=2224340&forum=general&dtSearch=9
?
I used a 2 speed cordless drill, a 1/2” drill bit, and a 9/16” bit, WD-40.

photo IMG_1057_1.jpg

Start with the 1/2, then open it up again with the 9/16, bolts will slide right in and be centered. I didn’t remove my dust shields, as you don’t have to. Just trim a tiny bit away to get your drill bits in.

photo IMG_1056.jpg

Test fit perfect.
 photo IMG_1058.jpg

Putting it all together, rotors spin free both ways.
 photo IMG_1055.jpg

photo IMG_1053.jpg

photo IMG_1060.jpg

Front wheel test. Used a 10mm spacer, it clears, kinda close but I think I’ll be ok. (calipers are plastic wrapped incase the wheel touched it) Wheel refresh is next on the list.

photo IMG_1026.jpg

photo IMG_1025.jpg

Hope to bleed the fronts this weekend. I have a Mityvac Kit, its a great tool to have, using it once is worth the purchase. Very excited to take it for a test drive. The garage floor is porcelain tile if anyone is curious, and yes I am carefull about dragging jacks, stands and tools across it. I have a lot of cardboard and pads.

photo IMG_0967.jpg

Photoshop comp of what I’m thinking for the wheels. A darker gunmetal to make the lips stand out a bit more prominent. In the middle of wet sanding and polishing the center caps now.

photo painted-works.jpg

Also, not sure if I ever posted about installing the Autopower rollbar? Anyway here’s some pics of that too. Pretty simple install, just place it, measure it a couple of times and drill holes. Also learned how to correctly wrap harnesses on a bar. That was cool...

photo Photo Aug 21 18 21 51.jpg

photo Photo Aug 21 19 23 24.jpg

photo Photo Aug 21 19 23 36.jpg

photo Photo Aug 21 19 23 10 1.jpg

Thanks for viewing, and thanks to TT.net for all the info over the years. This is the definitive place to be for everything about the Z32.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.