TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Warning, if you're in the Idaho/East Oregon area...
People Seeking Info

Subject Warning, if you're in the Idaho/East Oregon area...

Posted by Anath3ma on April 06, 2017 at 8:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 388 times.

Message Do not go to BK Industries in Meridian. Here's my story:
Initial problem was that my valve covers were leaking. Not a huge deal at first but it started getting worse, so I figured I'd fix it myself. Took everything apart, the whole 9 yards, new gaskets and everything from conceptZ, replaced some rubber hoses with silicone. Put it all back together, and it was still leaking. Took me a long time to do, with a job and school in the way, so I didn't wanna do it again. I looked around for a couple weeks for a shop I could trust, and since I live in a small town, far away from anyone reputable, I figured I'd go with BK Industries. Good reviews and they said they had experience with the Z32, and even had one parked out front when I arrived. Then things started going downhill. When we talked about the problem, they subtly commented that basically, I had just done a bad job. An understandable sentiment and I'm sure they have plenty of people who screw up before bringing it in. This was November 8th. They said it would take them a day and half, no big deal. November 11th, I messaged them and asked if they had made any progress. They responded on the 14th, saying that they were just getting started that afternoon. On the 17th, they said it would be done Monday afternoon, the 21st, because they needed new spark plug seals. On Monday, they were "finishing it", and then the 22nd it was done. after a smoke test they cleared it, I paid about 600 bucks, everything was fine. They wanted me to come in to get it rechecked, but since they're an hour away, the snow was too bad for me to make it. I didn't notice a leak, everything was fine. I started it a couple times over the winter, while garaged, no smoking from the valve covers or exhaust, and since it's in a garage I didn't notice any leaks. cue to about two weeks ago, March 14th. Pulled my Z out of the garage and there's a large puddle of oil, as well as leakage around the valve cover. Contacted them the same day, they said they'd look at it. Got over there on the 17th. They implied that they'd do whatever they could to take care of it and so on. Told them I needed it done by the end of the week (the 21st). He looked unsure, but at this point I was irritated, and if they had to stay late to work on it it wasn't really my problem. By the 27th, it still wasn't done. Spoke on the phone a couple times, they hadn't started it because someone else had come in with a clutch job (!), and that was getting done before my car, which irritated me even more. At this point, they've now told me that the valve cover is cracked, which should have been noticed immediately, the first time they fixed it, and they're still trying to find a replacement, almost two weeks after I needed it fixed. Basically what I've gathered about BK is that if you have a cool performance project they want to do, they'll work on that instead of other people who's repairs they did incorrectly (They posted a few times on Instagram about projects they were working on, the same time as they were telling me they had to delay my car for other people who came in after me). At this point, I'm not sure when I'll get my car back, the only thing I know is that I'll never take a car, 300ZX or otherwise, to BK Industries. If I'm being unreasonable, let me know, but it doesn't feel like it.

Z's are a dream to drive and a nightmare to work on

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.