TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lots of problems lowering while trying to maintain OEM ride.
People Seeking Info

Subject Lots of problems lowering while trying to maintain OEM ride.

Posted by Gordo 93TT Daytona on April 02, 2017 at 5:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 224 times.

In Reply To Shock and spring opinion posted by njz on March 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Message You are going to get harshness up through all the spherical hard point connectors on things like torsion bars, and adjustable upper A arms. As your post suggests, coil overs are not suitable for NJ roads if you want a comfortable ride. I tried Eibachs w/ TT shocks, but like others, I found the ride too bouncy.

My solution was to use NA springs w/ TT shocks. The NA spring rate is nearly the same, but the lengths are about an inch shorter when loaded. Essentially, the drop was equal to the drop using Eibachs. Furthermore, I revert back to using OEM rubber bushed tension rods, and dumped the adjustable UCAs and went back to the rubber bushed stock arm, compensating for camber changes using the 300 degree kit and homemade extra shims

Ride control was excellent. There was absolutely no impact harshness over bad roads, the rubber bushings kept the cabin quiet and corner lean was addressed with ST sway bars front and rear. (Although later I changed back to the TT stock bar in the rear.)

Granted this is NOT the set up you want if you track your car; but if you liked the original OEM setup, with adjustable shocks, but wanted to drop the body an inch and a half, then I would seriously consider these changes.

This mod was posted a couple of times, and you can search for it under my screen name. You can see pics here: eibach vs NA springs on TT pics here

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.