TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think this is going to be where we would have to
People Seeking Info

Subject I think this is going to be where we would have to

Posted by en5 on March 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 258 times.

In Reply To Re: The problem is that you'll never get to see what you want posted by Bad Fish on March 23, 2017 at 09:40 AM

Message Get some data to back up claims.

The more rapid the deceleration, the more weight shifts to the front, the more front bias you need. Suspension and tires play a big role here, but that's only further compounding the problem of discerning who has better technology.

Not that I've been combing through the data but I haven't seen a single person post a stopping distance as a result of their brake upgrades, regardless of whether it was a pad change, stainless lines, BBK, etc.

I no longer have a set of stock brakes to compare against (in addition to my car probably won't be off jack stands again for a year), nor do I have readily available access to a closed course to perform this test, which really should be done back to back to keep conditions consistent (tires, roadway, temperature, dryness, etc.).

If somehow the stars align and I'm given the opportunity to produce these results I will gladly share them.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.