TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - They (Eximious) don't have a 13" rotor adapter, not to say
People Seeking Info

Subject They (Eximious) don't have a 13" rotor adapter, not to say

Posted by en5 on March 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 429 times.

In Reply To Re: If you have a FaceBook look up Jacob W. Innabnit posted by Z32turbo1990(Houston) on March 17, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Message That Jacob couldn't make one, but it would probably be pretty pricey as a one off since I don't think many people are looking for this specific setup.

Doing the SRT8 / CTSV rear is pretty much a necessity if you are putting 17Z (or 18Z / 6 POT SRT8 / etc.) calipers up front. They keep the bias very close to stock, but it's all setup around the 14" 370Z rotors.

As much as people like to say that it takes a Manned Mars Mission level of engineering to figure out what makes a "good" BBK, a brake caliper is probably one of the least complex pieces of tech on your car.

None of the aftermarket kits from StopTech, Wilwood, Brembo, AP Racing, etc. that I am familiar with offer any adjustments to the factory braking system aside from the calipers, rotors and adapters (spoiler alert: they all come with caliper relocation brackets - because the calipers actually aren't chassis specific so for those who say "but it wasn't designed for the Z32!" when discussing these other BBK options can politely keep their opinions to themselves).

If you are doing fronts only, then yes that would be very detrimental to performance/safety and you should consider removing the ABS and installing a brake proportioning valve in order to achieve proper balance, but dropping ABS (especially on a daily driver) solely to accommodate a budget friendly BBK is probably also a bad idea.

You can email me if you want to discuss it further as this topic is not well received here - which is fine; this place has more of a purist mindset and indisputably has some of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to the Z32, but some have already made up their minds and are not very open to new ideas.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.