TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As the owner of a '95TT with 41k miles.....
People Seeking Info

Subject As the owner of a '95TT with 41k miles.....

Posted by toyz on March 16, 2017 at 7:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 160 times.

In Reply To New TT owner questions posted by nelso419 on March 14, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Message From experience, I would recommend you check out the turbo seals before handing over the check. We were snowbirds (leaving the car garaged in AZ) for 8 years. The seals on the turbo's went bad from lack of continuous lubrication. Make sure the car hasn't been driven and the engine is cold. Start it up, drive it and check for oil smoke. When you turn it off, check the underside for oil leaks.

Also, if the fluids haven't been changed in 20 years, I would recommend ALL fluids (including transmission and differential) be changed prior to driving the car at highway speeds for a distance. Brake fluid, coolant, oil, power steering fluid, etc. should all be changed.

Also, check all the hoses and belts for dryness. You don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and have a hose, or belt, blow.

There are definite advantages to a low mileage Z32. However, I agree that you should have it transported to a reliable Z expert prior to driving it any distance. Once maintenance has been updated, you will have a car that is a ball to drive.

FYI, I take my car in to a Z expert every 6 years to "take it back to time zero". They check everything and replace the timing belt, fluids, etc. It is much less expensive in the long run than are repairs (which can be very expensive on these cars).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.