TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Student.. You want a Beater..
People Seeking Info

Subject Student.. You want a Beater..

Posted by Cjw3 on March 14, 2017 at 10:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 353 times.

In Reply To I need to either sell or fix my Z posted by Anath3ma on March 14, 2017 at 02:55 PM

Message Gen 1 MR2's are run but the Fuel Injection And the T-Vis makes things weird and prone to Intake leaks..
Gen 2 MR2's are of the same Era as the 300's.. you can get turbo, but still Maintenance is an issue on a 18-20 Year old car. Most of the Drive line is Built Very stout and heavy..
Gen3 MR2's Stay away from 2000-2002 ( Pre Face Lift ) Unless they have a 2003 or newer replacement engine.. Bad Piston Design ( Corolla also of the same Years had problems ) Oil Burners.. '03 and newer are OK..

240 Clean is hard to find and really fun.. a good choice..

Civic is the Most Resale value, so your paying top dollar for a low maint car.. Sometimes a good choice..

Get rid of the 300.. they are maintenance prone.. Unless done right..

My '90 is a Put together of Two 300's.. I did not have to open up the engine/Trans when I droped it in, but I did spend ~1K$ on just rubber, gasketts and small stuff while the engine was out to make sure I did not have to go back in for a while.. Don't cheep out when working on a 300.. If you are in there, go deeper and replace what is old..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.