TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Throttle by wire = or > I.A.A & Air regulator ??
People Seeking Info

Subject Throttle by wire = or > I.A.A & Air regulator ??

Posted by LivinTheDream on March 12, 2017 at 9:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 336 times.

Message So guys I'm looking at the balance tube and the components mentioned and lm trying to figure out the process and how they function. Not what they are for but how they correspond to each other. It seems to me that the right rear plenum runner is squished because under boost I'd imagine more air gets rammed back there and it's to help balance out that side of the plenum runners. The left side rear plenum runner remained normal because the I.A.A unit had to be bolted back there hence why they added an additional smaller pipe to the balance tube but only on that side to help equalize the air that's forced back there.

Now while the air regulator is a simple open and close valve in the path of the intake to the balance tube the A.A.C and the F.I.C.D seem to allow air to go from the intake directly into the reAr left side of the plenum which then has to be equalised through the balance tube.

Assuming all that is correct and the I.A.A. unit (acc + ficd) only comes into play when the power steering is in use or air conditioning couldn't all of that be eliminated with a throttle by wire system that slightly cracks the throttle bodies a bit when the AC or PS puts a demand on the engine? And couldn't the idle be regulated the same? Just asking for understanding. Thanks

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.