TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Let me see if I can help you with what I think is going on..
People Seeking Info

Subject Let me see if I can help you with what I think is going on..

Posted by puchy on February 27, 2017 at 11:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 502 times.

In Reply To Re: LOL, no. Links please? posted by legendaryyaj on February 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Message 300 degree rails = no problem. COZ was selling a bad copy of them at the time.

Throttle bodies, the only work you should do is to port match your upper plenum's TB bore to them because it is match to the factory TB, otherwise is a waste of time and money.

Breather mods. Do them all or nothing: example 2.5" piping with factory intercoolers will yield nothing, that's doing stuff half ass. You can do them in stages for economic sense but you will never get the desired results without doing them all and then tuning your engine with the mods. If you were planing to do the breather mods without tuning, I would dare say that you would barely see any difference.

I wouldn't call that test a comparison for crying out loud! For an actual comparison you have to at least (at a bare minimum) swap the parts. And on this comparison you will need to tune with the parts for an actual test.

Example: Same turbos, but (unlike him) with stock heads and stock cams, stock compression (basically a stock engine) just breather mods, 570whp (425kw at the wheels) and I drive it everyday at that power level.
On the same day Seb tune a Stockturbo car with breather mods to 498whp (371Kw), I forgot the torque but it was pretty impressive even at 3000 rpm.

My conclusion is if you half ass it you will be dissapointed, but if you do it the right way you will be impressed.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.