TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Seeking Interior upholstery pros
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Seeking Interior upholstery pros

Posted by nissubaru on February 26, 2017 at 11:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 280 times.

In Reply To Seeking Interior upholstery pros posted by cr8tive on February 25, 2017 at 04:58 PM

Message I think you should give it a try yourself, it might not be as bad as you think! I'm in the process of doing it myself, but if you've got an extra person to help I think it would be 100x easier.

Start by pulling off the old material that's on the parts now. You could even do this just to save yourself some money and have the upholstery shop just apply the new material. The original tweed I had to pull off came off super easy except for some leftover fabric which I just sanded off.

Then you'll want some 3M yellow super trim adhesive to reapply the new material, careful, this stuff is sticky as hell and is not easy to get off your skin. Or anything for that matter.

As for how to wrap the new ones, you should be able to follow most of the cut points on the old vinyl/leather. Use the old pieces you pulled off like a template and just use a razor blade to slice the new fabric where needed.

If you don't have a helper the actual wrapping part is fairly difficult by yourself, at least if this is your first time. With a helper you have 4 hands holding the fabric as you place it on the panel, this is key because once it's down...it's pretty much down. Then just smooth it out and let it dry. Poke screw holes with an awl or I guess a hole punch would work too.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.