TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: actually, he's from New Zealand
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: actually, he's from New Zealand

Posted by legendaryyaj on February 26, 2017 at 10:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 547 times.

In Reply To Re: actually, he's from New Zealand posted by MikeC(NZ) on February 26, 2017 at 10:05 PM

Message Mike,

I don't mean to tar you all.

His smallish turbo's can't be any smaller than stock turbo's and the gains from breather mods are supposed to be better than upgrading turbos so gains should be there. Dual pop was supposed to gain 30hp to the wheels too but after some have done it on their own, it seems like 30 is unrealistic. I am currently on stock turbos so I am thinking I will see gains but you are saying otherwise and proving his point by saying you didn't see much on your street car. Upgrading throttle bodies also seems so pointless because as of now, no one has a set that works properly for the price tag it demands. If I'm paying premium, it should work fine out of the box. That's common consumer sense.

My understanding is that a "breather" car is a car with only upgraded "breather" mods? What is a car with upgraded turbos and "breather" mods? Breather mods are upgraded charge piping and exhaust correct? I have 740's already and want to go 2.5" piping up front with 3" to 2.5" at the rear axles. As well as SZ is praised, it's hard to buy into a vendors tests. They sell TB's that need work. Why? I don't know but it sure does make me question it. I've read into the COZ deal too with the 300 Degree fuel rails that supposedly leak and he fixed it with his knock offs. I have a set of the 300 rails too that are going to go in. It worries me.

The whole 3" exhaust deal also baffles me. It's widely known within the boosted community that you can't really go wrong with 3" exhaust on any car so it's odd that this is a new discovery for the Z community. I don't mean to bash, but it really seems like the community is really in the stone ages. It's pretty beneficial in my eyes to look at other communities and see what works for them vs living under one rock. The 3" exhaust deal is relatively new compared to how old the car is IMO. Maybe I just don't know anything

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.