TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Billet VG engine block
People Seeking Info

Subject Billet VG engine block

Posted by MikeC(NZ) on February 22, 2017 at 3:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 725 times.

In Reply To Cast aluminum VG engine block - Who's interested? posted by LitlElvis on February 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM

Message Billet VG engine block
If I recall correctly I emailed some Aussie guys about a billet block a few years ago.

Seems the first one is expensive A$25,000 to get all the CAD drawings done then the next were not so bad $A9000. Though this was a number of years ago and I cant find the email. So thats only (only!) A$12,000 each for the first four. A bargain at US$9000 and as a bonus my freight to NZ will be cheaper for once.

Billet makes more sense if you are chasing the high HP. I sonic checked lots of VG blocks before my last engine build and there is very little meat on the blocks, so going billet seems the logical choice.

Check out their SR20 block - very nice

[ http://www.bulletcylinderheads.com.au/product/?c=19&id=23&title=SR20 ]

They are prototyping the RB as well - should be easy enough to convince them to do the VG :)

Pity my stock block (tomei solid cam setup with VTC/88mm CP piston/Crower crank and rods/GTX3071R/Pentroof manifold) engine is already built and we are fitting the Daily dry sump just need my mechanic to put it in the car. He would not be happy if I said - lets change the block. Maybe for the next build :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.