TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't think anyone is arguing about a HP limit so to speak
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't think anyone is arguing about a HP limit so to speak

Posted by MixManMash on February 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 437 times.

In Reply To I don't think anyone has come close to finding the HP limits posted by LitlElvis on February 20, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Message but rather what the cylinder heads can flow under certain RPMs/conditions. I am by no means an expert on the subject and everyone will have different wants. I would want a setup that has minimal lag and better transient response. Having more torque at lower RPMs makes for a more drivable vehicle, whether on the street or on a road course. Granted, for the 1/4 milers out there, it might not be as much of a priority.

Let's face it, we are going to be limited by many facets of the VG heads (port size, lack of continuous variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust cams, etc). Just look at how easily some of these modern turbo engines (i.e. VR38) can make large amounts of torque at relatively low RPMs.

I'm not arguing on the basis of 80s technology, but rather the limitations of a product manufactured to a design of the 80s. Those pushrod engines in today's NASCAR were not produced in the 80s or 50s or to designs of that era.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.