TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Not that I have the cash, but I have questions
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Not that I have the cash, but I have questions

Posted by LitlElvis on February 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 641 times.

In Reply To Not that I have the cash, but I have questions posted by coma_ass on February 19, 2017 at 07:56 AM

Message What would the lead time be? Roughly 12 months after down payments for 20 blocks is achieved.

What would the bore size be? This is not yet set, but the range is 87 to 92mm. Obviously I can't do custom sizes for everyone, the standard size will be determined by the majority of the group buyers, e.g. if you're the only one that want's 91.5mm, expect to pay more or compromise.

Would the skirt have enough clearance for a stroker? The primary limit with stroker cranks is the clearance to the piston oil squirters. I would look at increasing this clearance as much as possible.

It would seem like a crank group by should be an option in this since it doesn't make sense to push the stock crank. Feel free to start a crankshaft group buy with Crower, their phone number is 619-661-6477. Their billet crank design requires custom width rods to allow larger fillet radii and they require at least 3 crank/rod combos to give discount pricing.

Isn't there an issue with using steel caps on an aluminum block? I would think the different rates of heat dissipation and expansion from the two metals could cause excessive bearing wear. Steel main caps are used on multitudes of aftermarket cast aluminum domestic engine block blocks from manufacturers such as: Dart, Donovan, Brodix, Bill Mitchell Products... all without issues.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.