TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Those be really nice! How did you do the lettering?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Those be really nice! How did you do the lettering?

Posted by VinZmax on February 14, 2017 at 7:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

In Reply To Those be really nice! How did you do the lettering? posted by ZXoltan on February 14, 2017 at 09:25 AM

Message I did the lettering with high-temp decals that I had custom made through an internet vendor.

I fully disassembled the calipers. Then I cleaned them in my ultrasonic cleaner at work. Next was to sand blast them clean. I sanded off the Nissan lettering and then polished the surface where the lettering would go.

Sprayed them with VHT caliper paint. 3 coats. After I cured them in an oven at work, I put on the decals.
Clear coated over them, and cured them again in the oven.

I'm pretty happy how they turned out. I installed them on the car with new SS brake lines, EBC rotors, and EBC Yellow Stuff pads.
I'm in the process of breaking them in now. I only have about 50 miles on the new rotors/pads, but they already feel nice just the fact that I rebuilt them. Before, I think I had at least 1 that was sticking and pulling my steering to the side when braking.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.