TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Twin Turbo engine common fail points?
People Seeking Info

Subject Twin Turbo engine common fail points?

Posted by Starving_Artist on February 06, 2017 at 6:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 418 times.

Message Hello all, I've been a member of this forum for a while now, but I haven't posted anything about my project yet. I have enjoyed all the pictures and technical questions on here. they have really helped me figure out where I want to take my project. So with that thank you guys.

Since Photobucket is currently down I can't upload pictures but here is a little backstory on my car. I have a 1990 300zx NA that someone had wrecked in the front end and snapped the timing belt at 126,000 miles. I purchased the car to save it from getting crushed. The body damage has been checked by my local body shop and can be fixed. As far as the engine goes I have Vg30dett with 39,000 miles on it to swap in. The engine has had a 120k timing change done since i've purchased it. My plan is to eventually e85 swap the car, but for now just getting it running and driving is my goal. Is there anything I should pay close attention to or replace now while I've got the engine on a stand? I plan on replacing all of the vacuum lines and the O2 sensors before swapping it in.

Thanks for helping out. I'm very new to this car and appreciate any feedback.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.