TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - But isn't that the beauty of a flex fuel sensor?
People Seeking Info

Subject But isn't that the beauty of a flex fuel sensor?

Posted by Zvil (FL) on January 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM
  This message has been viewed 314 times.

In Reply To 12:1 is fine if it's 35% ethanol. posted by MixManMash on January 17, 2017 at 09:42 PM

Message The sensor measures the percentage of ethanol content by measuring the fuel's electric capacitance. There's a scalar table that modifies the base fuel map according to the signal the FFS is sending, the table increases injector duty cycle, timing, and boost according to fuel composition thus avoiding a lean condition and taking advantage of the extra octane via boost and timing. The only way I know there was 35% (or 32% when I was at the drag strip) is that's what the sensor was reading. In fact the way I mix my fuel is by adding e85 to e10 93 oct till the sensor reads ~35%

Winter in Florida is a joke so they won't change content by much anyway. I suppose my true concern should be how much water is in the gas but I run that risk with regular pump gas anyway. Also the Haltech has excellent knock protection, I suppose to be extra safe I can just add an engine protection condition, something like anything over 5 psi and ~12.2 AFR, lower rev limit/ cut ignition

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.