TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Z1 NA-TT Radiator lower mount kit- reviews?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Z1 NA-TT Radiator lower mount kit- reviews?

Posted by NNayak on August 16, 2016 at 3:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

In Reply To Z1 NA-TT Radiator lower mount kit- reviews? posted by hunterg on August 16, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Message I used the Z1 NA-->TT bracket on my slicktop TT conversion.

The bracket is overall of good quality for the relatively low price paid, and overall performs its function well. Though there are some caveats, I am generally very satisfied with the purchase, especially considering the alternate route is prohibitive for someone who doesn't have a welder at home.

Because the conversion bracket acts as a spacer between the bottom of the radiator and top of the chassis mounts, the radiator and fan shroud will sit about 1/4" too high in the chassis. This gap can be minimized by giving the whole radiator assembly a firm and sharp push down after everything is installed and lined up, and prior to installing the upper mounts. My CZP conversion upper brackets worked well despite the elevated radiator.

Care should be taken to make sure there is adequate clearance between the radiator shrouding and the engine fan, since the fan centerline will be off relative to the shroud opening centerline.

Because the radiator rides high, there may be some contact between the top of the upper fan shroud ribbing and the bottom of the hood insulation mat. Mine had some light contact that slightly chewed up the bottom of the mat, but this went away after I made sure everything was pushed down in the chassis. You can pre-empt this problem by trimming away some of the insulation mat near the radiator shroud.

The hood prop rod may make contact with the radiator overflow nipple and tubing depending on your chassis, prop rod, and radiator. I added a bit of sleeving to the prop rod to make sure that chafing wouldn't wear through the overflow line. I intend to go with hood struts in the future to clean up the engine bay a bit; this should permanently fix this problem.

Lastly, it was a bit of a pain to get the four rubber mount bushings seated simultaneously on the radiator, bracket, and chassis. If I were to do this all over again, I would spray down the bushings with some silicone spray or some light grease to aid the installation process.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.