TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'd not worry about new rubber, if you mean fuel lines.
People Seeking Info

Subject I'd not worry about new rubber, if you mean fuel lines.

Posted by not4resaleZ on August 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM
  This message has been viewed 316 times.

In Reply To Best E85 route to max my Sport 530s? posted by Stanky on August 14, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Message Stock lines are good for up to 740cc injectors, and the myth that ethanol is more corrosive than ethanol free gas has been de-bunked. Check my other posts for links if you doubt.

In 2010 I started using at least a 25% ethanol blend of premium and E85 to get more octane to raise boost. In that range the added octane offsets the lean fuel effects, and I didn't change my tune, just kept the boost fairly conservative. The minimum thing you need is to know your ethanol content. This is the "most affordable way possible". With 615's you don't need the Walbro 485.

In 2013 I was able to talk SZ into developing a flex fuel map switcher for 10% increment tunes, so I've used E85 ever since.

If I was going larger than stock turbos (even your 530's), top feed would be in the future plans, and perhaps Haltech. I'd talk to Greg at SZ about the benefits and drawbacks. If you were still using stock turbos, I'd go with 740's and the map switcher.

I'd look on the SZ blog site and look at the torque for stock turbos. James has 275 ft lbs of torque at 2500 rpms, and 430 ft lbs at 3500 rpm. Unless you are going to spend your time at the drag strip, this is a powerful car.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.