TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A couple things:
People Seeking Info

Subject A couple things:

Posted by bartz32tt on August 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 466 times.

In Reply To Best E85 route to max my Sport 530s? posted by Stanky on August 14, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Message You don't NEED an ethanol content gauge if you went the Haltech route, but it may not be a bad idea. However I agree it'd be mandatory for the SZ map switched route.

You could simplify the amount of ethonal increments for which to tune by if you just use pump e85 gas; no blends. It's cheaper at the pump and less of a hassle than blending e85 with 94 octane or other gas. There is a minimum "guaranteed" ethonal content percentage at each reputable gas station as far as I know (not sure if it's different in Canada) but I want to guess its around 60-65%, maybe higher - my memory escapes me. In any case, you'll find that most pumps won't vary much in ethanol content, especially if you keep refilling at the same station. Now with the map switcher you can tune for 94 oct, 60%, and on-up in about 10% or less increments to 85% (at least Greg/Seb said E85 is safe enough to allow for that much of a variance when I asked years ago).

IMO, you may be close to maxing out your 615's and 740's wouldn't provide much more room for growth. Unless you know for sure you'll stick with 530 turbos. Im going through the same decision-making as you. I just bought Windactory top-feed rails and I'm selling my 740's for some ID1000's or 1300's. I personally think Haltech is the way to go for the long run but maybe not most cost-effective.

________________Sig Separator________________________

ATTN: Zuberman
The above message is not sponsored by my employer.

Selling used ACT full-face sprung clutch kit: $300 + shipping
ConUS!

Chrome "boost" hardpipes and couplers/clamps $100 + shipping

Twin Turbo aluminum front calipers: $200 + shipping. Needs paint or will
paint red for additional $50

Parting out my entire 1990 twin turbo! Please email me for needed parts!
See profile for my WTB/WTT list as well.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.