TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just had my alignment done on a Hunter. I have some ?'s
People Seeking Info

Subject Just had my alignment done on a Hunter. I have some ?'s

Posted by PiotrC70 on July 23, 2016 at 5:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 854 times.

Message After redoing every suspension component, I finally got an alignment done and man does the car feel great and planted. We got everything within spec EXCEPT the Caster... and here's where I'm confused and the owner was as well. When we adjusted, to get in the range of 8.55*-10.25* This would mean bringing the front wheels forward of the axel. My wheel to start has always been pretty centered when looking at the wheel arch... of course it's a little forward, but visually correct. When he started adjusting, to get it within the 8.8 degree spec, the wheels were WAY forward and wouldn't even provide me the ability to turn my wheel much without scraping the fender IC ducts. Also, I had big concerns of hitting a bump and instantly scraping on the fender liner bolt so I had him back it off really close to where it was. Now, the crappy thing is that since I jumped up on the rack and turned my wheel left to right to test if I could turn it, we lost the original values since he needed to dial in the car again but think we got it close to where it was prior to adjusting which you'll see the "actual". Pay no attention to the before because on toe, camber because literally everything was effed prior to adjusting.

Right now I have the powertrix sitting at 8 clicks front, 12 rear. Frustrating thing however is that The MAX clicks I have on each is as follows. FL 15, FR 16, RL 19, RR 14 So I'm not even sure how to make sure they're all set to the values I want! :/

See how far forward the wheel is to the fender? That was at bottom end of spec ~9.0 degrees. I had him back it off to nearly where we were before which is about 7*. This centers the wheel a bit more and gives me insurance against scraping.

1993 TT. R.I.P. 09.15.2010

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.